Self-care and lifestyle
Taking care of yourself
At NHS North Yorkshire CCG, we want to empower people to take charge of their own health and make positive lifestyle choices.
We also have a selection of resources (previously developed by NHS Scarborough and Ryedale CCG) which may help you to achieve your goals, whether it’s to stop smoking, lose weight, or exercise more. Click here for more.
You may also find North Yorkshire County Council's Community Directory helpful and for patients in the Harrogate District, there's Where To Turn, a website directory produced by Harrogate and District Community Action.
NHS North Yorkshire CCG does not support the general prescribing of over-the-counter medicines. Self-care is about looking after yourself and treating minor ailments with simple, over-the-counter solutions that are available from local pharmacies and supermarkets. You can find out more about how you can treat a range of minor conditions, here.
Humber Coast and Vale Partnership: Support for patients to stay healthy and live well with a long-term condition
- Conditions for which over the counter items should not routinely be prescribed in primary care: letter from Professor Stephen Powis, National Medical Director, NHS England
- Self-care and over-the-counter items - quick reference guide
- General restrictions for over-the-counter sale
- No Prescription Required: letter to patients
- Self care - NHS North Yorkshire CCG Commissioning Position