Adult Autism and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): for healthcare professionals
Information to include with the referral form
As part of the referral process, the following screening forms and information is required:
- AQ10 for autism referrals
- Wender Utar screen for ADHD referrals
- Any recent psychiatric assessments and risk assessments
- Evidence of other previous mental health / neurodevelopmental diagnosis if on file
- Any childhood mental health reports you may have on file i.e. reports from CAMHS
- Evidence of any medical diagnosis, brain injuries or medication that may impact on cognition or behaviour
- Any known information about any forensic history
It is important you fill in all areas of the referral form and indicate the reasons why you think your patient may meet criteria for an Autism Spectrum Disorder or ADHD assessment.
Please note any incomplete referrals will be returned for further information.
The contact details for the service:
North Yorkshire Autism and ADHD Assessment Service
c/o The Retreat
107 Heslington Road
York YO10 5BN
Tel: 01904 412551 ext 2015
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
The Retreat aims to provide a safe environment for all its clients and its staff. In response to Government guidance assessments can now be provided online. If you would like to talk to us about this please call 01904 412 551.
Autism is a lifelong developmental condition which affects how people communicate and interact with the world. Autism is a spectrum condition and affects people in different ways.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition that affects people's behaviour. People with ADHD can seem restless, may have trouble concentrating and may act on impulse
The following links provide further information and resources relating to Autism and ADHD: