Referral criteria / commissioning position
- Refer to Dermatology only if there is a dermatological manifestation.
- Patients with a wheeze, food allergy or anaphylaxis should not be referred to dermatology – adult patient should be referred to a consultant immunologist and children to a consultant paediatrician.
- All other requests should be submitted to the Individual Funding Request (IFR) panel prior to referral.
Investigations prior to referral
Information to include in the referral letter
- Description of symptoms and duration (if required grounds of clinical exceptionality for IFR)
- Details of treatments and measures tried including outcomes
- Drug history (prescribed and non-prescribed)
- Relevant past medical/surgical history Current regular
- BMI Smoking status
- Alcohol consumption