How to get a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine in North Yorkshire
Find out how to get your first, second, or booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, and how you will be contacted for your vaccinations:-
Autumn booster jabs
The following groups are being offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine this autumn:
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group
- persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
If you are on your GP Learning Disability Register and eligible (5 years and over), you will be invited for the autumn COVID-19 booster. Your carers will also be eligible.
You do not need to speak to your GP surgery or local pharmacy, though in some areas you may receive an invitation to book your appointment from your GP practice.
If you need additional guidance, please contact the CCG's Patient Relations Team.
Current list of sites delivering COVID vaccinations in North Yorkshire
(Information last updated: 23 November 2022)
A seasonal booster (autumn booster) can be booked online - or by calling 119 - for anyone who is:
- aged 50 or over
- aged 5 and over and at high risk due to a health condition
- aged 5 and over and at high risk because of a weakened immune system
- aged 16 and over and lives with someone who has a weakened immune system
- aged 16 and over and is a carer, either paid or unpaid
- a frontline health and social care worker
The appointment dates you'll be offered will start from 3 months (91 days) after your previous dose.
- Book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment online
- Find a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination site
- If you have not had a first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine yet, you should have them as soon as possible.
- If you have a severely weakened immune system you should get an additional primary dose before you get a booster.
Current availability of walk-in appointments
Bookable appointments - more information
Pre-booked appointments for booster COVID vaccinations (together with earlier doses if required) are available through the NHS National Booking Service.
In many cases, patients who are now eligible to have their autumn booster dose, are receiving invites to book from their GP practice or the NHS.
You do not need to contact your practice.
In North Yorkshire, there are vaccination sites run by GP practices (Primary Care Networks) at Lawrence House in Scarborough, the Yorkshire Event Centre in Harrogate and Askham Bar in York. Appointments may also be available through the NHS National Booking Service at pharmacy-run sites in Northallerton, Harrogate, Knaresborough, Easingwold, Pateley Bridge, Hawes, Whitby, Richmond, Catterick, Masham, Scarborough, Filey and Malton.
Please note, appointment availability may be subject to vaccine supply.