How to get your COVID booster jab in North Yorkshire
What is a COVID booster?
There are three types of booster for the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine:
- A 1st booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is available for everyone aged 16 and over, and some children aged 12 to 15, who have had a 2nd dose of the vaccine at least three months ago
- A booster dose (4th dose) of the COVID-19 vaccine is available for anyone who had a severely weakened immune system when they had their first two doses and who had a third dose of the vaccine at least three months ago
- A spring booster of the COVID-19 vaccine is available to people aged 75 and over, people who live in a care home for older people, or people aged 12 and over who have a weakened immune system
Who can now get a booster jab?
The NHS is offering a booster vaccine dose to everyone eligible in line with the latest guidance published by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) and the threat posed by the Omicron variant of coronavirus.
There's further information about the booster programme on the NHS website.
You do not need to speak to your GP surgery or local pharmacy.
How do I book a vaccine booster?
If you are eligible, you can book your vaccine booster on the NHS website or by calling 119.
In some parts of North Yorkshire you may also receive an invitation from your GP practice.
There are further details, below.
If you need additional guidance, please contact the CCG's Patient Relations Team.
In February, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advised a spring dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for:
- adults aged 75 years and over
- residents in care homes for older adults
- individuals aged 12 years and over who have a weakened immune system
The NHS will contact those who are eligible to make a spring booster appointment, so people should wait until they hear from the NHS. The NHS will prioritise those whose clinical need is greatest, as it has throughout, starting with those who have had a bigger gap since their last dose, then working through the cohort to invite others who have waited less time. Everyone who is eligible will be offered a top up between three and six months over the Spring and early Summer.
Current list of sites delivering COVID booster vaccinations in North Yorkshire
(Information last updated: 25 May 2022)
Current walk-in clinic availability
Bookable appointments - more information
Pre-booked appointments for booster COVID vaccinations (together with first and second doses if required) are available through the NHS National Booking Service.
In many cases, patients who are now eligible to have their spring booster dose, are receiving invites to book from their GP practice or the NHS.
You do not need to contact your practice.